AWS Key Problem Thread

• May 18, 2017 at 8:31 pm #4447
    Alex Cooper
    Keymaster

Ok.

So the most common problem if your keys aren’t working is because you haven’t registered with the Amazon Advertising API..

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/advertising/api/detail/main.html

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/gp/advertising/api/detail/main.html

etc

Just click the button and register yourself.

May 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm #4457
    Thenaturalside
    Participant

When I submit my keys and affiliate Ids and clicked on CHECK AWS KEYS, it shows me this Pop Up.
    I already register for Associates and the AWS with same ID. I’m entering right Keys also without spaces. But still not getting the Result.

SOAP Fault: (faultcode: aws:Client.AWS.InvalidAccount, faultstring:
    Your AccessKey Id is not registered for Product Advertising API. Please
    use the AccessKey Id obtained after registering at
    https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/flex/advertising/api/sign-in.html.

June 28, 2017 at 1:22 am #4479
    guineapigme
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I am running into this problem as well. However, I am already registered for this (so it says). When I click signup, I get the welcome back screen and advice about creating security keys etc … .

but I can’t understand why it is complaining. Is there some way to opt out of the API signup and then opt back in? Although signing up from scratch doesn’t seem to the the majority of people’s problems on this one.

Thank you for any insight on this.

Deborah

June 28, 2017 at 6:47 am #4480
    Suzanny
    Participant

I’m also having the same problem with the pop up message I’ve registered to everything has been suggested on here and it this pop up message appears .

WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates was not able to connect to Amazon with
    the specified AWS key pair and Associate ID. Please triple-check your AWS
    Keys and Associate ID.
    Amazon Error. 1 – SOAP Fault: (faultcode:aws:ClientAWS.invalidAssociate
    faultstring: Your xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Is not registered as an Amazon
    Associate. Please register as an associate at https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join/landing/main.html)

I have registered on the above address and i also get an email from Amazon saying my site had been approved.

Is there anyone that could possibly help me and tell me where i am going wrong OR if it is a fault with them.

Thank you in advance xx

June 30, 2017 at 7:53 pm #4483
    Suzanny
    Participant

I Did it .. I can’t believe its actually working .. You are a star

June 30, 2017 at 7:57 pm #4484
    Suzanny
    Participant

Oh P.s .. Thank you x

October 10, 2017 at 10:37 am #4554
    austhistikated
    Participant

Hi WPEagle,

I’ve set up a site before using your method and everything works fine.

Now that I have tried doing it again it’s giving me an error about client.requestexpired. I already did a lot of things like the one you posted, registered for Product API and used their key pairs. Registered for new affiliate and used their new key pairs. Tried creating IAM account with key pairs. Also changed my timezone to Zulu/UTC to make the time the same as the Amazon servers so it is still within 15 minutes of request. But all are giving me the same story over and over. I tried looking for answers over the internet but nothing seems to work. Thank you in advance!

October 31, 2017 at 8:46 pm #4569
    Alex Cooper
    Keymaster

Austhistikat, have you got more info on the error message?

With regards to the other problems check you have the correct country selected.

-Alex

November 1, 2017 at 12:13 am #4575
    austhistikated
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the response. Here’s the exact error I am getting:

Amazon Error :1 – SOAP Fault (faultcode: aws:Client.RequestExpired, faultstring: Request has expired. Timestamp date is 2017-10-05T06:02:08Z.)
    WooCommerce Amazon Affiliates was not able to conned to Amazon with the specified AWS Key Pair and Associate ID. Please triple-check your AWS Keys and Associate ID.

And yes I am in the right country, USA.

November 1, 2017 at 12:49 pm #4576
    Alex Cooper
    Keymaster

Try re-generating you keys and try again.

Make sure you haven’t copied and pasted an extra spaces or anything.

-Alex

November 15, 2017 at 12:41 am #4596
    austhistikated
    Participant

Hi Alex, yes did that, even typed the keys manually. Made sure they are correct, re-generated a number of times. Created two new affiliate accounts and nothing worked, but still the same error.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.