Website is very slow?

• April 4, 2017 at 8:55 pm #4278
    Keunasaur
    Participant

Hi guys,

My site is super slow. Can someone help? I’ve looked at vids online on speeding them up, but no matter how many plug-ins I download and activate, nothing seems to be working.

Caching doesn’t really help, either.

Thanks.

April 5, 2017 at 5:49 am #4280
    artcotto
    Participant

please share your website link

April 5, 2017 at 7:12 pm #4281
    funkyhome
    Participant

Hi, I also have the same issue, I feel my website is strong but no matter how many plugins or compression tools I use I just can’t get it to speed up. Can anyone help please ?

Website url :http://funkyhome.co.uk

April 5, 2017 at 8:13 pm #4285
    gundamflexing
    Participant

Your site is -extremely- slow; can’t even pull it up….

April 7, 2017 at 2:43 pm #4291
    artcotto
    Participant

I thing that you are showcasing too many categories on your front page… too many thumbnails to load in the front page..
    I ran a test with pingdom.com – and I never see a website take that long to load as over 30s having a performance grade of “A” this is really crazy…
    anyway check your result here – https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/dIuehN/http://funkyhome.co.uk/

I’ll suggest to reduce the amount of categories showcasing in your front page.

April 7, 2017 at 3:26 pm #4293
    Alex Cooper
    Keymaster

Who’s your host? This has the biggest affect on performance..

-Alex

April 7, 2017 at 5:49 pm #4304
    funkyhome
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    My host is Hostgator, as per your tutorial but I am really getting bad speed so not sure if it is due to all the images I have downloaded via woozoone or the host ? I really want this to work but feel this is holding me back.
    any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    many thanks
    Steve

April 7, 2017 at 5:51 pm #4305
    funkyhome
    Participant

Thankyou Artcotto for your advice I was just trying to appeal to the audience with a great selection.

regards
    Steve

April 7, 2017 at 5:55 pm #4306
    artcotto
    Participant

anytime!!! this could be a good subject for a video Alex… i have been trying to improve my speed to on my new website but most of the video tutorials on youtube about improving speed on WP website does not even mention about woocommerce website only static wesite.

April 7, 2017 at 8:40 pm #4311
    Hirmuli
    Participant

Heres few things to check out on website speed.

1. Pictures (Big / high quality pictures take longer time to load) => Try to use compression tools like WP Smush or some other tools to make the pictures smaller size.
    2. Products => If you have too much products it will slow down the website.
    3. No cache => Download WP Super cache and enable cache (it saves all the static HTML and CSS to users computer which makes the webpage load faster when they dont have to ask them every time from your website)
    4. Consider setting up http://www.cloudflare.com I have it on my page and its very good. It saves load times and shares your cache file from server closer to your website visitors.

For example. Your website in UK and user comes from USA (or other way a round) => cloudflare shares the saved cache file they have created from our website to the user from their USA (or some other countries, depending on where the user is coming from) server and then directs the user to your website = faster page load.

Hope my tips helped you guys out.

April 8, 2017 at 1:54 pm #4318
    tlathem
    Participant

I didn’t have too long of a load time on my end, loading from the US here.

One thing I did notice though, just a suggestion, Top Nav Bar -> Drop Down menus would disappear when I would try to click on a page located in the dropdown, I would click on the parent category and it wouldn’t direct me to a page with the sub-categories, perhaps this is a theme issue rather than anything through WordPress.

April 11, 2017 at 8:53 pm #4331
    funkyhome
    Participant

Hi Tlathem,
    many thanks for your reply. I have now changed theme and it looks like drop down menu’s now working, please have a look and let me know if any better for you.

funkyhome.co.uk

many thanks

April 11, 2017 at 9:01 pm #4332
    funkyhome
    Participant

Many thanks Hirmuli for your reply

I have now changed themes and done some optimisation !! Please re try your test again and let me know your thoughts.

funkyhome.co.uk

many thanks

April 12, 2017 at 12:08 am #4337
    wrhull
    Participant

Try using a Lazy Loading plugin. What it does is load the content of the page and all images that are visible before scrolling. I use “A3 Lazy Load” and it is a free plugin to use. Also, you can pick up the SEO Premium Pack by the same developers that develop WooZone and there is a piece of it that will “minify” your CSS and Javascript to compact all CSS and Javascript files into a single file on your site with no spaces between CSS items and javascript items for faster loading. This could help your loading time.

You can also, if you have familiarity editing your functions.php file, work on registering and enqueueing scripts that are hosted on a content delivery network (CDN). (E.g. jQuery, various jQuery plugins, monderizr.js, etc.). Loading those sorts of dependency files may work to speed up your page load as well.

You may also want to look into ways to “async” load your javascript on your site. This means that your javascript loads last after everything else. It will help speed up your page load.

You can also use this site to test your page speeds: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

I hope these suggestions help.

April 12, 2017 at 5:47 pm #4339
    funkyhome
    Participant

Thankyou W R Hull for your advice, I will take note and make some changes.

many thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.