WooZone – Product Price Difference

• August 9, 2017 at 7:13 am #4511
    AndrewG
    Participant

Hello. I have 3 amazon affiliated stores and use WooZone to import products.
    There seems to be a major problem though.

The prices.

They don’t get updated in reality. I’ve done some research and found many many sites that use WooZone. All of them (including mine) display the prices that were current when the product was imported to their site.
    They may SEEM to be updated saying something like : “(as of August 5, 2017, 12:08 pm)” but in reality they are not.
    Check your site and you will see it, check several products and compare them with Amazon’s.

This is against Amazon’s terms and you can get banned,but they found a solution with the date & time disclaimer.(ex: product XX – 7$ as of August 7,2017 , 5 am)

This is what the Amazon agreement say:

Amazon.com Product Advertising API License Agreement:

You will include a date/time stamp adjacent to your display of pricing or availability information on your application if you obtain Product Advertising Content from a Data Feed, or if you call the Product Advertising API or refresh the Product Advertising Content displayed on your application less frequently than hourly. However, during the same day on which you requested and refreshed the pricing and availability information displayed on your application, you may omit the date portion of the stamp. Examples of acceptable messaging include:

Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 01/07/2008 14:11 PST – Details)
    Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 14:11 PST – More info)

Additionally, you must either include the following disclaimer adjacent to the pricing or availability information or provide it via a hyperlink, popup box, scripted popup, or other similar method: “Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.” In the above examples, “Details” and “More info” would provide a method for the end user to read the disclaimer.

Also, having different prices than Amazon currently has, gives you bad credibility and reputation so you won’t get any returning visitors/potential buyers.

Imagine a person, knowing nothing about Affiliate marketing, adds a product that’s $10 in the basket, gets redirected to Amazon to checkout and pay and sees the actual current price is $20. I’d personally cancel the order and never look back again.

I’ve contacted AA-Team that released WooZone but has offered no solution to this yet.
    The solutions that the plugin’s developers suggest as creating custom cronjob, do NOT work and make no difference. Only updates the date, nothing else.
    The auto-update feature is there but it’s USELESS.

If someone found a solution please share it.Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.