WooZone – Product Price Difference

• August 9, 2017 at 7:13 am #4511
    AndrewG
    Participant

Hello. I have 3 amazon affiliated stores and use WooZone to import products.
    There seems to be a major problem though.

The prices.

They don’t get updated in reality. I’ve done some research and found many many sites that use WooZone. All of them (including mine) display the prices that were current when the product was imported to their site.
    They may SEEM to be updated saying something like : “(as of August 5, 2017, 12:08 pm)” but in reality they are not.
    Check your site and you will see it, check several products and compare them with Amazon’s.

This is against Amazon’s terms and you can get banned,but they found a solution with the date & time disclaimer.(ex: product XX – 7$ as of August 7,2017 , 5 am)

This is what the Amazon agreement say:

Amazon.com Product Advertising API License Agreement:

You will include a date/time stamp adjacent to your display of pricing or availability information on your application if you obtain Product Advertising Content from a Data Feed, or if you call the Product Advertising API or refresh the Product Advertising Content displayed on your application less frequently than hourly. However, during the same day on which you requested and refreshed the pricing and availability information displayed on your application, you may omit the date portion of the stamp. Examples of acceptable messaging include:

Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 01/07/2008 14:11 PST – Details)
    Amazon.com Price: $32.77 (as of 14:11 PST – More info)

Additionally, you must either include the following disclaimer adjacent to the pricing or availability information or provide it via a hyperlink, popup box, scripted popup, or other similar method: “Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.” In the above examples, “Details” and “More info” would provide a method for the end user to read the disclaimer.

Also, having different prices than Amazon currently has, gives you bad credibility and reputation so you won’t get any returning visitors/potential buyers.

Imagine a person, knowing nothing about Affiliate marketing, adds a product that’s $10 in the basket, gets redirected to Amazon to checkout and pay and sees the actual current price is $20. I’d personally cancel the order and never look back again.

I’ve contacted AA-Team that released WooZone but has offered no solution to this yet.
    The solutions that the plugin’s developers suggest as creating custom cronjob, do NOT work and make no difference. Only updates the date, nothing else.
    The auto-update feature is there but it’s USELESS.

If someone found a solution please share it.Thank you

August 23, 2017 at 5:02 am #4521
    munchin
    Participant

I had this same issue.

What I noticed was that the price was synching correctly but it was showing the lowest price from whoever vendor.

When I added it to the cart in my site then went to checkout, it showed a different price and I noticed the price was from Amazon as the seller.

So in woozone > amazon config > import setup > I changed “prices setup” to amazon only, resynched the product and that solved the issue.

I know it won’t show the lowest price now but at least the price matches.

I didn’t check every product but I checked a couple that I knew were not right and that fixed it.

Hope that helps.

August 29, 2017 at 11:16 am #4527
    ChrisV
    Participant

Hi,

29/08/2017

RE: Woozone 9.0.5, Cron, Synchronisation…

I installed Woozone; Build 9.0.5
    I imported a few products using the “insane mode” importer.

I’m fairly new to affiliate selling but after reading a bit about it online, and the problems that many people seem to have with plugin conflicts, updates, bugs etc… I decided that I would keep my installation as basic as possible and just focus on the most essential functions of the site. These included, but are not limited to;

1. Ability to import products to the site.
    2. Ability to synchronise and regularly update the product data with Amazon.

After reading about the WP_Cron and the potential problems associated with operating this sort of website, I decided to disable WP_Cron and set up a “real cron job”.

I watched a few youtube video’s and read the WooZone Docs (http://docs.aa-team.com/woocommerce-amazon-affiliates/documentation/synchronization/) but something seemed wrong. I was getting mixed messages regarding the code that needed to be inserted into the command line in CPanel > Cron Jobs > Add New Cron Job.
    In WordPress Admin > Woozone > Plugin CronJobs the (woozone) recommended code is this: (note ******* blocks out my site name).

wget -q -O – http://www.*******.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1

In the youtube video, dated 10/March/2016, (a different author) at 2:51 he noted that this line of code did not work and the one that did work, could be found in the WooZone Docs. I followed the link to the Docs, (http://docs.aa-team.com/woocommerce-amazon-affiliates/documentation/synchronization/) but when I scrolled down the page, the information below the screenshot image, including the code, had been removed.
    The code that appeared in the old docs in the video was this;

wget -q -O – http://www.*******.com/wp-content/plugins/woozone/do-cron.php >/dev/null 2>&1

I can only assume that the developer of woozone has made some changes to the cron setup (in a recent build update) and this line of code is now defunct, which is why the docs have been amended. I’m also guessing that anyone who has recently updated the plugin to the latest build, and has not updated this cron command in CPanel, could perhaps be experiencing some unusual synchronisation issues?

I haven’t run any tests yet, but I will soon. Just a thought, hope this helps someone…

P.s. WP Eagle, I think your video tutorials are great. Could you do one on synchronisation and real Cron Jobs? Cheers!

Chris.

August 30, 2017 at 7:29 am #4528
    ChrisV
    Participant

Well, I tried both commands with WooZone v 9.0.5 and neither of them worked. All the instructions were followed exactly, and even several other variations of the command were tested. The cronjobs list just returned “failed” for sync_products_cycle.
    I spent two full days trying to work this out.

I did a manual ‘sync all now’ and this seemed to add a heap of product thumbs to the descriptions, which looked awful on the product pages.

Note: I’m running a really basic WP set-up here, just to test this functionality without the risk of conflict from other plugins. Only a small amount of sample products to update, but I’m beginning to think that this thing is just a bugs nest?

Has this plugin ever worked reliably in earlier versions? (particularly the cron job)

August 30, 2017 at 11:30 am #4529
    AndrewG
    Participant

hi there, a good friend of mine made a solution and it works for me and him. Here’s the link: https://adrianweb.xyz/woozone-amazon-price-update-not-working-fix-solution-2017/

Don’t forget to thank him in the comment section on his blog.

August 31, 2017 at 4:22 am #4531
    ChrisV
    Participant

Hi AndrewG,

Thanks, I followed the instructions and placed the code in the console and hit enter. I think it worked ok? I had a question, so I have written a message on your friend’s blog.

Cheers!
    Chris.

September 8, 2017 at 6:46 pm #4543
    JeffS
    Participant

Thanks AndrewG, really appreciate it. This seems to have worked for me as well, I thanked your friend on his blog too.

October 31, 2017 at 8:49 pm #4570
    Alex Cooper
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that link. Seems to be solving everyones problems.

I’ll look into this further and do a video soon.

-Alex

November 5, 2017 at 5:41 pm #4578
    wrhull
    Participant

Does anyone know how to automate the product update without having to copy and paste code into the console? I would rather this work automatically rather than having to open a window, expand all variations and then run the console script. Does anyone know if this can be automated by adding code somewhere and then running that code, including expanding variations.

Thanks,
    Will
    WindyPinwheel(dot)com and BabyCures(dot)net

November 18, 2017 at 3:15 pm #4599
    adrianweb
    Participant

Because some WordPress plugins use too much resources I keep getting the 503 error code on my shared hosting, and instead of using a more expensive server I will make important changes from my laptop server using WordPress on localhost.
    My new fix for this problems is to run wordpress from localhost , here you can find my tutorial for woozone : https://adrianweb.xyz/how-to-run-wordpress-on-localhost-with-remote-database/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.