We’ve used and played with lots of different WordPress sliders here at WordPress Eagle. Most of them are pretty straight forward, you add some images and link them through to your content. We first encountered Revolution Slider when working with the excellent Retailer Theme which comes bundled with Revolution for free. It immediately struck us that Revolution Slider is completely different to all the sliders we’ve seen before.
To put it simply, Revolution allows to create great looking slides without the need for photoshop or any coding skills. On top of the sliders looking great they come with a huge range of transition effects, navigation buttons and are fully responsive (if that’s what you want).
Here’s a full list of features:
- Image and Thumbs fully resizable
- Using CSS Animation with FallBack to jQuery
- Unlimited Caption Layers
- Captions like Video, Image and html tags can be easily Created
- Unlimited Slides
- iPhone & Android Swipe Touch enabled
- jQuery Conflict free plugin
- Customizable 100% via Plugin Backend
- Easy installation in your Website
- Special Easing
- Vimeo & Youtube Supported
- Full Screen Video with Autoplay function
- Stop AutoPlay during Video Playback
- Duplicate, Slider, slide, captions Function
- Drag and Drop Captions in the Editor
- Fullwidth, Responsive (8 Level) and Normal Modes
- Optional Shadows included
- Hide Captions Separetely or Together depending on Slider Width
- Hide whole Slider Depending on Screen Width
- Countless Art of Transitions
- 10 Different Caption Animation Types
- 20 Differen Slide Transition, and Unlkmited Variations due Rotation and Amount of Slots
- Two Level Animations of Captions. Start Time, End time, Different Animation Type and Easing at Start and End
- Public Api, like stop & start, next,prev, jump to slide. Events at video play, start and stop, events at slide change..
You can get revolution for the small sum of $15 over on code canyon.