WordPress 3.6 has been released. Yipee!
Am I the only one that doesn't look forward to updates all that much? Sure I love extra features and security fixes like the anyone else, but it also means that i've got to update all my clients sites!
Anyway, let's look at the positives (taken from wordpress.org):
- The new Twenty Thirteen theme inspired by modern art puts focus on your content with a colorful, single-column design made for media-rich blogging.
- Revamped Revisions save every change and the new interface allows you to scroll easily through changes to see line-by-line who changed what and when.
- Post Locking and Augmented Autosave will especially be a boon to sites where more than a single author is working on a post. Each author now has their own autosave stream, which stores things locally as well as on the server (so much harder to lose something) and there’s an interface for taking over editing of a post, as demonstrated beautifully by our bearded buddies in the video above.
- Built-in HTML5 media player for native audio and video embeds with no reliance on external services.
- The Menu Editor is now much easier to understand and use.
Good luck with your upgrades!