In this tutorial video we add a form to a WordPress page to capture leads from a Google Adwords Pay Per Click campaign. We then add the Google AdWords conversion code to a thank you page to track the leads we get.
Here's that bit of code for Contact Form 7:
How to Install Google AdWords Conversion Tracking on WordPress
1) First off you need to configure you form to send visitors to a “thank you” page when the complete it. This will be different depending on the forms you're using. In the video we use Contact Form 7.
2) Install the Embed Script plugin on to your WordPress site.
3) Login to your Google AdWords Account and go into “Tools and Analysis” -> “Conversions”
4) Create your conversion by following the wizard until you get the code.
5) Copy the code to your clip board
6) Go back to your WordPress site and edit your “thank you” page. Create one if you don't have one already.
7) Paste the code into the plugins “Bottom of the page” box – usually on the right hand side of the edit screen.
8) You're done.
You Might Like:
Join the WP Eagle Inner Circle
Get my extra special tips, videos, plugins and themes straight to your inbox.
You'll also be the first to know about new videos, articles and more as well as getting access to exclusive WordPress deals.
I never send SPAM and you can easily opt-out at anytime.
Thanks! This really should be easier than it is. I used Ninja Forms, but the script plugin worked all the same.
Thanks for the tutorial. If I wanted to implement to the thank you page an automatic page redirect (after say 5 seconds) back to the original page the user came from, how would I go about this?
That’s quite tricky.
The plugin mentioned in this post may help:
Nice Video! Thanks For helping.
Glad you like it 🙂
Multiple pages and one contact form how to a addword code in multiple pages
You should only need the 1 if you are using the same form.
Nice video. what if i have multiple conversion tracking codes for one “thank you” page, how should i add that?
Just add the, all to the embed box one after the over.
Should be fine..
Hi I’ve tired using this set of instructions for my page http://www.onelinestudio.co.uk/contact
which should go to http://www.onelinestudio.co.uk/thanks-contacting
but there seems to be a problem in that the thank you page isn’t loading
Sorry for the late reply. The thank you page seems to load ok.
Have you setup your form to redirect to it after a submission?
I tried your code on_sent_ok: “location.replace(‘YOURTHANKYOUPAGEURL’);”
and it doesn’t work.
I’ve just put this line found in the CF7 support
on_sent_ok: “location = ‘http://example.com/’;”
and now my redirection works.
The code has probably been updated by CF7.
Hope it can help !
Thank you for great video.. hope this works to me.
I am trying to find how to install tracker on one page html form. I am still confused. But, your video is nice.