Short video on how to turn off comments on WordPress. There are two ways to do it, either by post/page or for the entire site.
To disable comments on a WordPress post or page
1) Go to the edit screen for page or post you want (you’ll need to be logged in).
2) Check the Screen Options at the top right of the screen and make sure “Discussion” is checked.
3) Scroll towards the bottom of the page and you should find some checkboxes.
4) Tick or untick as required.
To disable comments for your whole WordPress site
1) Login to your admin dashboard
2) Go to settings -> discussion
3) Untick: “Allow people to post comments on new articles”
Hope that works for you!